- McKenzie Hotel (Patterson Hotel) opens on January 1
- New fire hall constructed on Thayer Avenue, building would also house city hall and police headquarters for several decades.
- Marshall Oil Company of Marshall Town, Iowa commences construction of a 90×50-foot brick building on Third Street near Front Avenue in August. Sinclair Refining Company later acquired Marshall’s interests in the city, who continued operating out of the building. The building later houses Fargo Paper Company (known today as Cole Papers). It has housed Borrowed Bucks Roadhouse since 1994.
- A $40,000 sewer project is announced, along with initial plans to pave the city’s streets. It won’t be until 1916 before streets are actually paved.
- First high school building is completed (replaced in 1935)
- Federal Building opens (replaced in 1964)
- Belle Mehus Auditorium opens (January)
- Van Horn Hotel opens, later renamed Prince Hotel
- After years of discussion, Bismarck finally commits to paving its streets. Citizens long-lobbied for paving the streets and the $500,000 project resulted when the city’s biggest landholders signed petitions agreeing to special assessments to fund it.
- The Yegen Family expands into the dairy business
- Bank of North Dakota is established in June. It occupies the former Missouri Valley Motors building at Main and 7th until 2008. It is the nation’s only state-owned bank.
- President Woodrow Wilson makes a Bismarck stop on October 10, speaking at the City Auditorium. He was campaigning for his vision of a League of Nations.
- Bismarck Tribune relocates from the northwest corner of 4th and Broadway to the Gussner Building in December, where it stays an entire month before destroyed by fire.