Sheridan House / Northwest Hotel
The Sheridan House was one of the first hotels in Bismarck. It was constructed in 1877 by E.H. Bly at a cost of $50,000. It was one of the largest buildings in Bismarck for many years.
The Sheridan House was the first hotel owned and operated by Edward Patterson, who purchased the hotel in 1893 with a partner, E.S. Allen. Patterson became the hotel’s sole proprietor the following year.
Located on land owned by the Northern Pacific Railway, the Sheridan House was demolished in 1900 to make room for the new train depot in the aftermath of the 1898 fire. Patterson used most of the Sheridan House’s materials to construct the Northwest Hotel, which was brick veneered.
The hotel received significant remodeling in 1912 and 1917.
The Nonpartisan League became headquartered the Northwest Hotel upon its formation in 1915.
The Northwest Hotel was destroyed by fire in 1921.
Edward Patterson would later purchase the McKenzie Hotel, which was constructed in 1910 across from the former site of the Sheridan House.
L.J. Anderson Building / International...Bismarck, Mandan Wiki
Shark’s MenswearBismarck Wiki
Rose Judge PattersonBismarck Wiki
Central Market / Miracle Mart /...Bismarck, Mandan Wiki
Buttrey’s Department StoreBismarck Wiki
South Central Senior High SchoolBismarck Wiki
Eckroth MusicBismarck Wiki
Kroll’s Diner / KitchenBismarck, Mandan Wiki