Wachter Elementary School
Wachter was an early elementary school constructed in 1918 on Bowen Avenue for $19,000. It originally housed 4 rooms and was one of the first permanent structures erected south of the railroad tracks. Additions followed in 1930 and 1953.
The school was named for Gottlieb Charles Wachter, who had recently retired from the school board.
A junior high, now Wachter Middle School, was built in 1967 and also named to honor the Wachter Family.