Roosevelt Elementary School
The original Roosevelt School was completed in 1923 and dedicated in 1924.
It was a modern brick building designed by local architect Arthur Van Horn. It originally featured 10 classrooms – 6 of which reserved for future occupancy, a gymnasium, and cafeteria. It cost $81,000 to construct, with a location deemed too far out of town by most citizens of the time.
The school was expanded in 1958.
In 1975, it was replaced by the current Roosevelt Elementary School, located at 613 West Avenue B. as a cost of $740,000. The playground of the current facility is where the original structure once stood.