William Moore was the principal of the North Ward School, and later Will School, from 1895 to 1908. One of Moore’s biggest achievements as principal was reorganizing the high school from a 2-year program to a 4-year program in 1897. North Ward School was later named William Moore School in his honor.
Present-day Will-Moore Elementary replaced both the Will School and William Moore School in January 1952. It’s name is a combination of both William Moore and Will School’s names.