Opened in 1964, the William Guy Federal Building supplemented Bismarck’s original Federal Building (built in 1913). Amongst other Federal offices, the U.S. Post Office and Federal District Courtrooms are housed inside. The facility took on its current name in a rededication that took place on November 11, 1999 to honor former North Dakota Governor William Guy.
Downtown Bismarck is a registered historic district that held strong importance to the initial growth and success of the Bismarck area. Bismarck’s downtown is roughly located between Washington Street & 7th Street; and Rosser Avenue and Main Avenue.
Runnings Farm & Fleet
Built in 1990 and expanded twice, this building originally house Walmart prior its opening...
GALLERYHay Creek Shops
Anchored by Dick’s Sporting Goods, Michael’s, Gordman’s, Ulta Salon, and Bed, Bath, & Beyond,...
Gateway Mall Food Court in 2010
Featuring Subway (now closed). Opened in September 1979 with original anchors Sears, White Mart,...
Hansen’s Furniture Store (closed)
Closed in 2005, this was home to Hansen’s Furniture since 1959. It has sat...
This building was constructed in 1997 to originally house an A&W and Long John...
Oasis Truck Stop/Stamart Travel Center
Originated in March 1993 as the Prairie Oasis Truck Stop (owned by Stamart). It is...