Built in 1906 by Edward Patterson, the Soo Hotel remained in operation until the late 1970s (as the Patterson Annex). Patterson later named the it “Princess Hotel” as a spoof on the Prince Hotel, owned by his chief rival Edmond Hughes. Hotel was again renamed Patterson Annex. Until 1910, it was the tallest building in Bismarck.
When it was originally built, it was the last building on the block. The Patterson Hotel, completed in 1910, was built flush against the building. A walkway was opened between the two hotels so patrons of the Soo Hotel could benefit from the amenities of the Patterson.
World War Memorial Recreation Center
Dedicated on January 9, 1931, the World War Memorial Building was a joint city-county...
Opened in 1975 as Ramada Inn, this hotel served many years as the Best...
Gateway Fashion Mall Exterior in 2009
Opened in September 1979 with original anchors Sears, White Mart, and A.W. Lucas, Gateway...
GALLERYCuster Park/Eagle Statue
Custer Park, located just west of downtown Bismarck, was Bismarck’s first municipal park when...
Stamart (now Petro Serve USA)
Located at the busy intersection of Divide Ave and State Street, this was once...
One Source Lighting
The building originally housed the IH McCormick store (retail division of International Harvester Company).