Built in 1906 by Edward Patterson, the Soo Hotel remained in operation until the late 1970s. Patterson later named the it “Princess Hotel” as a spoof on the Prince Hotel, owned by his chief rival Edmond Hughes. Hotel was again renamed Patterson Annex.
When it was originally built, it was the last building on the block. The Patterson Hotel, completed in 1910, was built flush against the building. A walkway was opened between the two hotels so patrons of the Soo Hotel could benefit from the amenities of the Patterson. For a short time, it was the tallest building in Bismarck.
La Carreta Mexican Restaurant
Formerly home to DiDonna’s Italian Restaurant.
Former A&W Rootbeer...
This building housed an A&W Drive-in Restaurant for many years before closing in the...
GALLERYCVS/pharmacy on State Street
CVS/pharmacy relocated from Gateway Mall in February 2009. CVS had purchased Osco Drug in...
Kirkwood Mall Interior in 2009
Featuring Grizzly’s Grill & Saloon Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul...
Dollar Tree at Night
Pinehurst Square is a “power mall” located in northwest Bismarck with several big box...