JCPenney relocated to this building at the northwest corner of 5th and Broadway Avenue in October 1956.
The $565,000 two-story brick building was built by Webb Realty specifically for Penney’s, who signed a 20-year lease. The second floor warehouse is converted into sales space in 1960, when the store also adds Bismarck’s first escalator.
A second location at Main & 6th later opens in 1964, before Penney’s relocated to Kirkwood Mall in 1980.
Veteran’s Memorial Public Library
The Veteran’s Memorial Library is the current building housing the Bismarck Public Library. It...
Captain Jacks Liquor Land on Turnpike...
Built in 2013.
GALLERYArrowhead Plaza in 2011
Arrowhead Plaza after its 2011 renovation. Opened in November 1953, Arrowhead was Bismarck’s first...
Rock'N 50's Cafe
Opened in September 1979 with original anchors Sears, White Mart, and A.W. Lucas, Gateway...
Space Aliens Grill & Bar
Space Aliens Grill & Bar in October 2014.
Scotty’s Drive-in: Show-N-Shine
Show-N-Shine classic car show outside Scotty’s Drive-in. Once a regional chain, Scotty’s Drive-in has...