The north Dan’s Supermarket opened in March 2003 – replacing its Gateway Mall location located 2 blocks south, which had opened in 1975. Today, there are 4 Dan’s stores in Bismarck-Mandan, and one in Dickinson.
Dan’s has its roots back to 1949, when Roy Rockstad & Eugene “Bus” Leary purchased the local Piggly Wiggly and converted it to Bismarck Supervalu, the precursor to Dan’s Supervalu, which eventually became Dan’s Supermarket.
Click here to learn more about Dan’s Supermarket and its history.
Located on East Broadway Avenue.
GALLERYWilliam Guy Federal Building
Opened in 1964, the William Guy Federal Building supplemented Bismarck’s original Federal Building (built...
Mason / Hughes Apartment Building
Built in 1922 by Edmond Hughes, and designed by his business partner Arthur Van...
Slumberland Furniture opened its Bismarck store sometime in the mid-1990s, providing the first true...
Stadium Sports Bar/The Lodge
Located on East Divide Avenue near Bismarck State College. This originally housed Tropical Island...
Gateway Fashion Mall Exterior in 2009
Sears and Conlin’s pictured. Opened in September 1979 with original anchors Sears, White Mart,...