Bismarck’s first Dairy Queen, opened in 1949 on the edge of downtown. This Dairy Queen, open seasonally, is walk-up only and features no indoor seating. It is reportedly Bismarck’s oldest continuously operating restaurant.
Much of its business comes from the nearby Elks Pool and Custer Park, both of which are practically across the street. Custer Park was Bismarck’s first municipal park, established in 1909; and Elks Pool was Bismarck’s first swimming pool, opened in 1932.
GALLERYNational Energy Center of Excellence
Bismarck State College first opened in 1939, inside the high school – where it...
Northbrook Drug storefront inside Northbrook Mall.
American Bank Center Building
Headquarters for American Bank Center, completely remodeled in 2008. Building was constructed in 1963...
Grand Theater is a 22-screen movie theater at 1486 Interstate Loop. It is Bismarck’s largest...
Conlin’s Furniture relocated its Bismarck store from Gateway Fashion Mall into this warehouse building...