The north Dan’s Supermarket opened in March 2003 – replacing its Gateway Mall location located 2 blocks south, which had opened in 1975. Today, there are 4 Dan’s stores in Bismarck-Mandan, and one in Dickinson.
Dan’s has its roots back to 1949, when Roy Rockstad & Eugene “Bus” Leary purchased the local Piggly Wiggly and converted it to Bismarck Supervalu, the precursor to Dan’s Supervalu, which eventually became Dan’s Supermarket.
Read more about Dan’s Supermarket and its history here:
Brewed Awakenings (Formerly Rolling...
Tucked away on East Main Avenue in Bismarck, Rolling Cappuccino was purchased and renamed...
GALLERYSaint Mary’s Central High School
Saint Mary’s Central High opened in February 1952. It is a private Catholic-based school...
Slumberland Furniture opened its Bismarck store sometime in the mid-1990s, providing the first true...
Former Dakota Beer Brewery
In the 1960s, this building housed Dakota Beer’s brewery.
GALLERYThrifty White Drug/White House Cafe
Thrifty White Drug on the main floor of the Parkade in Downtown Bismarck, North...