The north Dan’s Supermarket opened in March 2003 – replacing its Gateway Mall location located 2 blocks south, which had opened in 1975. Today, there are 4 Dan’s stores in Bismarck-Mandan, and one in Dickinson.
Dan’s has its roots back to 1949, when Roy Rockstad & Eugene “Bus” Leary purchased the local Piggly Wiggly and converted it to Bismarck Supervalu, the precursor to Dan’s Supervalu, which eventually became Dan’s Supermarket.
Read more about Dan’s Supermarket and its history here:
Kirkwood Mall Exterior
Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul Wachter opened it in April...
GALLERYArrowhead Plaza in 2009
Arrowhead Plaza in 2009, prior to renovation. Opened in November 1953, Arrowhead was Bismarck’s...
Rock'N 50's Cafe
Opened in September 1979 with original anchors Sears, White Mart, and A.W. Lucas, Gateway...
Office Building on Broadway
JCPenney relocated to this building at the northwest corner of 5th and Broadway Avenue...
Laughing Sun Brewing and Fireflour Pizza
5th street in downtown Bismarck. Also featuring Magnolias and ENG Lending.
MDU Corporate Headquarters Campus
The new headquarters of Montana Dakota Utilities and its affiliates was built in 2005...
423 E Denver Ave: The Perfect Home to Make Your Own!$219,900Bismarck Classified
1218 N 26th St-Bismarck: Love To Entertain? Check This Out!$249,900 /hrBismarck Classified