Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul Wachter opened it in April 1971 with original anchors Woolworths, Montgomery Wards, and Herbergers. It underwent a major addition in 1980 with two new anchors, Target and JCPenney.
Learn more about Kirkwood Mall:
Century Center / WSI Headquarters
Located on East Century Avenue, this building houses offices for Workforce Safety & Insurance.
GALLERYCentral Market (now Dan's Supermarket)
Located on Turnpike Avenue in northwestern Bismarck. Built in 1988 as an Econofoods, which...
Wards Office Building
Originally built for Lahr Motor Sales, then later housing Montgomery Ward, this building, although...
GALLERYNational Energy Center of Excellence
Bismarck State College first opened in 1939, inside the high school – where it...
Petco Store – Former Rex TV
Building originally housed Dan’s Supervalu. The backside of the store, pictured here, housed Rex...
Blarney Stone Irish Pub
Opened October 21, 2009 inside the former Golden Dragon Restaurant. Blarney Stone is Bismarck’s...