- 2014 Walk to End Alzheimer’s September 13 at Shiloh ChristianPosted 2 weeks ago
- St. Alexius Signs Agreement With Catholic Health InitiativesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lack of Employees Shutters Broadway Dairy Queen EarlyPosted 2 weeks ago
- BisManCafe Teams Up With Ghosts of North Dakota For 1898 Fire FeaturePosted 4 weeks ago
- Bittner, Ziegler to be inducted into highway hallSource: KX News State | 09-02
- Toddler who died in hit-and-run in N.D. identifiedSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-02
- 2-year-old Killed by Hit and Run IdentifiedSource: KX News Local | 09-02
- Oil Industry Increases Park’s VisitorsSource: KFYR-TV | 09-01
- Gun Enthusiast Takes Safety SeriouslySource: KX News Local | 09-01
- Bismarck Schools Host Employee OrientationSource: KFYR-TV | 09-01
- Williston Police Lookout for Counterfeit BillsSource: KFYR-TV | 09-01
- Minot Police Release Name of Hit and Run VictimSource: KFYR-TV | 09-01
- Bismarck man arrested for firing gun through wallsSource: KX News State | 09-01
- Grilling Safety TipsSource: KX News Local | 09-01
Jacobs Trading Company / World’s Greatest Deals (Retail Store)
Jacobs Trading Company is a company specializing in the sale and distribution of close-out and clearance merchandise, based in Plymouth, Minnesota.
For a short time the company operated a small chain of eight retail stores under both the Jacobs name and under the marquee World’s Greatest Deals, including a store at Gateway Mall (opened around 1995) in Bismarck and a store in Grand Forks.
The company’s retail operations were sold to Petters Group Worldwide in 1997, who had originally vowed to continue their operation; however, after failing to make payments for their purchase, the stores were ultimately shut down.
It is interesting to note that Tom Petters, whose company had purchased the retail operations from Jacobs Trading, was recently convicted of multiple felony counts as part of a $3.65 Billion Ponzi scheme. Over the years, Petters Group had acquired multiple companies including Sun Country Airlines, Polaroid, and Fingerhut.
Founded in the 1960s, Jacobs Trading Company continues to operate as a wholesaler and distributor.