- Coldwater Creek Files For Bankruptcy, Liquidation PlannedPosted 4 days ago
- Michaels and Bed, Bath, & Beyond Opening Bismarck StoresPosted 6 days ago
- East 40 Restaurant Under New OwnershipPosted 3 weeks ago
- Barrett Pharmacy in Watford City Offers Monster Spray For KidsPosted 1 month ago
- N.D. debuts new website to help gambling addictsSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 04-19
- Man accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend in Minn.Source: Bismarck Tribune State | 04-19
- Minnesota State players practice for HoffnerSource: KX News State | 04-19
- Clean-Up Day ApproachesSource: KFYR-TV | 04-19
- Boy Scouts Clean Construction Sites for Community ServiceSource: KX News Local | 04-19
- Peacock Alley Owner Opens New RestaurantSource: KFYR-TV | 04-19
- Killdeer Residents Speak About Oil Boom EffectsSource: KX News Local | 04-18
- Judge Strikes Down Energy LawSource: KFYR-TV | 04-18
Jacobs Trading Company / World’s Greatest Deals (Retail Store)
Jacobs Trading Company is a company specializing in the sale and distribution of close-out and clearance merchandise, based in Plymouth, Minnesota.
For a short time the company operated a small chain of eight retail stores under both the Jacobs name and under the marquee World’s Greatest Deals, including a store at Gateway Mall (opened around 1995) in Bismarck and a store in Grand Forks.
The company’s retail operations were sold to Petters Group Worldwide in 1997, who had originally vowed to continue their operation; however, after failing to make payments for their purchase, the stores were ultimately shut down.
It is interesting to note that Tom Petters, whose company had purchased the retail operations from Jacobs Trading, was recently convicted of multiple felony counts as part of a $3.65 Billion Ponzi scheme. Over the years, Petters Group had acquired multiple companies including Sun Country Airlines, Polaroid, and Fingerhut.
Founded in the 1960s, Jacobs Trading Company continues to operate as a wholesaler and distributor.