- MAC’S Hardware RemodelsPosted 6 days ago
- Sickies Garage Replacing Hooter’sPosted 7 days ago
- City Officials Say Autumnfest Parade Is OnPosted 1 week ago
- Arby’s, Dickey’s Barbeque Pit, and Little Caesars Pizza Coming To MandanPosted 1 week ago
- ND, SD governors to greet wagon train in PierreSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-20
- Mark FoxSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-20
- ND tribal candidate: Oil industry could be slowedSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-20
- Jury verdict could impact oil industrySource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-20
- Sen. Tim Mathern being treated for prostate cancerSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-20
- ND, SD governors to greet wagon train in PierreSource: KX News State | 09-20
- ND airports break record for August passengersSource: KX News State | 09-20
- North Dakotans asked to report whooper sightingsSource: KX News State | 09-20
- Emergency response adapts to remote ND oil patchSource: KX News State | 09-20
- North Dakota gets fed funding for pipeline safetySource: KX News State | 09-20
Jacobs Trading Company / World’s Greatest Deals (Retail Store)
Jacobs Trading Company is a company specializing in the sale and distribution of close-out and clearance merchandise, based in Plymouth, Minnesota.
For a short time the company operated a small chain of eight retail stores under both the Jacobs name and under the marquee World’s Greatest Deals, including a store at Gateway Mall (opened around 1995) in Bismarck and a store in Grand Forks.
The company’s retail operations were sold to Petters Group Worldwide in 1997, who had originally vowed to continue their operation; however, after failing to make payments for their purchase, the stores were ultimately shut down.
It is interesting to note that Tom Petters, whose company had purchased the retail operations from Jacobs Trading, was recently convicted of multiple felony counts as part of a $3.65 Billion Ponzi scheme. Over the years, Petters Group had acquired multiple companies including Sun Country Airlines, Polaroid, and Fingerhut.
Founded in the 1960s, Jacobs Trading Company continues to operate as a wholesaler and distributor.