- 2014 Walk to End Alzheimer’s September 13 at Shiloh ChristianPosted 1 day ago
- St. Alexius Signs Agreement With Catholic Health InitiativesPosted 1 day ago
- Lack of Employees Shutters Broadway Dairy Queen EarlyPosted 5 days ago
- BisManCafe Teams Up With Ghosts of North Dakota For 1898 Fire FeaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- MSU Freshman Move InSource: KFYR-TV | 08-22
- NDUS workers placed on leave pending breach probeSource: KX News State | 08-21
- ND judge rejects appeal in murder-for-hire caseSource: KX News State | 08-21
- Creating a Consistent BarrelSource: KFYR-TV | 08-21
- Commissioner Hopes to Change Rail SafetySource: KFYR-TV | 08-21
- Popular Sweet Corn Stand is a Family AffairSource: KX News Local | 08-21
- Gift Cards Pose Problem for Salon CustomersSource: KFYR-TV | 08-21
- Sales Tax Could Keep Williston SaferSource: KFYR-TV | 08-21
- Highway Patrol Conducts Annual School Bus InspectionsSource: KX News Local | 08-21
- Bismarck Firefighters Train on School BusSource: KX News Local | 08-21
Jacobs Trading Company / World’s Greatest Deals (Retail Store)
Jacobs Trading Company is a company specializing in the sale and distribution of close-out and clearance merchandise, based in Plymouth, Minnesota.
For a short time the company operated a small chain of eight retail stores under both the Jacobs name and under the marquee World’s Greatest Deals, including a store at Gateway Mall (opened around 1995) in Bismarck and a store in Grand Forks.
The company’s retail operations were sold to Petters Group Worldwide in 1997, who had originally vowed to continue their operation; however, after failing to make payments for their purchase, the stores were ultimately shut down.
It is interesting to note that Tom Petters, whose company had purchased the retail operations from Jacobs Trading, was recently convicted of multiple felony counts as part of a $3.65 Billion Ponzi scheme. Over the years, Petters Group had acquired multiple companies including Sun Country Airlines, Polaroid, and Fingerhut.
Founded in the 1960s, Jacobs Trading Company continues to operate as a wholesaler and distributor.