- Bismarck 6th Street Parking Ramp Ribbon Cutting to be Held Oct. 1Posted 6 hours ago
- Fuddruckers Opens in Minot… Bismarck Coming SoonPosted 6 hours ago
- Bismarck Jimmy Johns Location Among Nationwide Data BreachPosted 17 hours ago
- Bismarck Civic Center changes its namePosted 5 days ago
- ND man arrested after removing teeth off swatherSource: KX News State | 10-01
- Weight Restrictions Put in Place on Williams County RoadsSource: KFYR-TV | 10-01
- Scammers Pose as American Airlines to Get Personal InformationSource: KX News Local | 10-01
- A decade after welcoming wind, states reconsiderSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 10-01
- Inslee: More work to prevent oil train spillsSource: KX News State | 10-01
- Corps Invites Public to Missouri River Operations MeetingSource: Bismarck.org | 10-01
- A decade after welcoming wind, states reconsiderSource: KX News State | 10-01
- 10 men arrested in Minot prostitution stingSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 10-01
- 10 men arrested in Minot prostitution stingSource: KX News State | 10-01
- Mandan Man Arrested for Stealing Teeth off a SwatherSource: KX News Local | 10-01
Jacobs Trading Company / World’s Greatest Deals (Retail Store)
Jacobs Trading Company is a company specializing in the sale and distribution of close-out and clearance merchandise, based in Plymouth, Minnesota.
For a short time the company operated a small chain of eight retail stores under both the Jacobs name and under the marquee World’s Greatest Deals, including a store at Gateway Mall (opened around 1995) in Bismarck and a store in Grand Forks.
The company’s retail operations were sold to Petters Group Worldwide in 1997, who had originally vowed to continue their operation; however, after failing to make payments for their purchase, the stores were ultimately shut down.
It is interesting to note that Tom Petters, whose company had purchased the retail operations from Jacobs Trading, was recently convicted of multiple felony counts as part of a $3.65 Billion Ponzi scheme. Over the years, Petters Group had acquired multiple companies including Sun Country Airlines, Polaroid, and Fingerhut.
Founded in the 1960s, Jacobs Trading Company continues to operate as a wholesaler and distributor.