- Suit accuses trucking company of failing to pay OTSource: KX News State | 07-30
- Women sentenced for shoplifting in BismarckSource: KX News State | 07-30
- Bike race slated in western ND’s badlandsSource: KX News State | 07-30
- Retirement open house plannedSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 07-30
- Man Arrested for MethSource: KFYR-TV | 07-30
- Children Getting School ImmunizationsSource: KFYR-TV | 07-30
- Dealing With Airport CongestionSource: KFYR-TV | 07-30
- State Energy Leaders Explore What’s in a Bakken BarrelSource: KX News Local | 07-30
- Four People Arrested in Stolen Vehicle Near MenokenSource: KX News Local | 07-30
- Miami Dolphins Release Former NDSU Quarterback Brock JensenSource: 96.5 The Fox | 07-30
Jacobs Trading Company / World’s Greatest Deals (Retail Store)
Jacobs Trading Company is a company specializing in the sale and distribution of close-out and clearance merchandise, based in Plymouth, Minnesota.
For a short time the company operated a small chain of eight retail stores under both the Jacobs name and under the marquee World’s Greatest Deals, including a store at Gateway Mall (opened around 1995) in Bismarck and a store in Grand Forks.
The company’s retail operations were sold to Petters Group Worldwide in 1997, who had originally vowed to continue their operation; however, after failing to make payments for their purchase, the stores were ultimately shut down.
It is interesting to note that Tom Petters, whose company had purchased the retail operations from Jacobs Trading, was recently convicted of multiple felony counts as part of a $3.65 Billion Ponzi scheme. Over the years, Petters Group had acquired multiple companies including Sun Country Airlines, Polaroid, and Fingerhut.
Founded in the 1960s, Jacobs Trading Company continues to operate as a wholesaler and distributor.