- Mandan’s Strip Receiving New Traffic LightPosted 8 hours ago
- Mattress Firm Coming to Pinehurst SquarePosted 8 hours ago
- Judge Denies Bond Reduction Request For Mandan Murder SuspectPosted 8 hours ago
- Capitol Cafe ReopensPosted 1 day ago
- Update: Missing McKenzie Woman Found
- Comparison of Bismarck’s Weather in October 2013 and 2014 Will Shock You
- Ruth Meiers Hospitality House opts out of United Way funds
- New Café Opens at Heritage Center
- Dog severely injured in dog-on-dog attack put down
- Man Hospitalized After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mandan
- $1,500 Worth of Electronics Stolen From Bismarck Business
- North Dakota reaches deal to keep dinosaur mummy
- Missing woman walks into sheriff’s office Tuesday
- Sheriff’s office leads search for missing woman
Jacobs Trading Company / World’s Greatest Deals (Retail Store)
Jacobs Trading Company is a company specializing in the sale and distribution of close-out and clearance merchandise, based in Plymouth, Minnesota.
For a short time the company operated a small chain of eight retail stores under both the Jacobs name and under the marquee World’s Greatest Deals, including a store at Gateway Mall (opened around 1995) in Bismarck and a store in Grand Forks.
The company’s retail operations were sold to Petters Group Worldwide in 1997, who had originally vowed to continue their operation; however, after failing to make payments for their purchase, the stores were ultimately shut down.
It is interesting to note that Tom Petters, whose company had purchased the retail operations from Jacobs Trading, was recently convicted of multiple felony counts as part of a $3.65 Billion Ponzi scheme. Over the years, Petters Group had acquired multiple companies including Sun Country Airlines, Polaroid, and Fingerhut.
Founded in the 1960s, Jacobs Trading Company continues to operate as a wholesaler and distributor.