- Sales tax might help spruce up Mandan’s StripSource: KX News State | 07-23
- North Dakota oil supply plant fire extinguishedSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 07-23
- Missing worker from Wyoming found in ND oil patchSource: KX News State | 07-23
- Farmers nervous over rail backlogSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 07-23
- Fire extinguished at ND oil supply companySource: KX News State | 07-23
- Bismarck police dogs fitted with protective vestsSource: KX News State | 07-23
- Grant to boost Indian Country businesses in NDSource: KX News State | 07-23
- Feds award ND airport improvement grantsSource: KX News State | 07-23
- Minnesota wants say in Red River diversion lawsuitSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 07-23
- Bakken Briefly – July 23, 2014Source: Bismarck Tribune State | 07-23
Jacobs Trading Company / World’s Greatest Deals (Retail Store)
Jacobs Trading Company is a company specializing in the sale and distribution of close-out and clearance merchandise, based in Plymouth, Minnesota.
For a short time the company operated a small chain of eight retail stores under both the Jacobs name and under the marquee World’s Greatest Deals, including a store at Gateway Mall (opened around 1995) in Bismarck and a store in Grand Forks.
The company’s retail operations were sold to Petters Group Worldwide in 1997, who had originally vowed to continue their operation; however, after failing to make payments for their purchase, the stores were ultimately shut down.
It is interesting to note that Tom Petters, whose company had purchased the retail operations from Jacobs Trading, was recently convicted of multiple felony counts as part of a $3.65 Billion Ponzi scheme. Over the years, Petters Group had acquired multiple companies including Sun Country Airlines, Polaroid, and Fingerhut.
Founded in the 1960s, Jacobs Trading Company continues to operate as a wholesaler and distributor.