CVS purchased Osco Drug in 2006, which was an original tenant when Kirkwood Mall opened in April 1971. In 2008, CVS announced intentions to relocate its stores at Kirkwood and Gateway Malls. The Kirkwood Mall store finished its relocation in January 2010.
Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul Wachter opened it in April 1971 with original anchors Woolworths, Montgomery Wards, and Herbergers. It underwent a major addition in 1980 with two new anchors, Target and JCPenney.
To learn more about Kirkwood Mall, click here:
GALLERYPinehurst Square Shopping Center (Full...
Pinehurst Square is a “power mall” located in northwest Bismarck with several big box...
Gold’s Gym opened its Bismarck location in 2008. The space had previously housed TJMaxx,...
Building housed Logan Grocery from its construction in 1917 until 1941. Apartments were housed...
CVS/pharmacy at NIght
CVS/pharmacy relocated from Gateway Mall in February 2009. CVS had purchased Osco Drug in...
GALLERYBismarck High School
The current Bismarck High School building was completed in 1935. It’s seen several expansions...