The Drumstick Cafe was a long-time restaurant in downtown Bismarck.
The Drumstick was established by Frank Ives in 1958. The restaurant originally included a drive-up window for ice cream and fast food service.
In 1961, Arlen Brunsvold purchased The Drumstick. He expanded the restaurant and changed its format to a traditional family restaurant.
The Drumstick changed hands again, in 1963, when Roland Haux purchased it. Then, again, in 1965 by Regina Hegney.
Clarence and Marilyn Bauman purchased it in 1973 and remained its owners until 1995, when it sold to Linda Holznagel and Hilda Barnhardt.
The Drumstick was again remodeled, in 1982. It closed in 2002.
Built in 1937, the building previously housed Economy Grocery.
The Drumstick was replaced by Kathleen’s sometime after, which closed in 2008. Aaron Bank opened Mr. Delicious in the building soon after and was replaced by Space Aliens Bar-B-Que Pit in 2011, owned by Bank’s father, Mort.
Lucky Ducks then occupied the space in 2012, who, in 2014, remodeled and expanded the building to house The Pond. J60 was added soon afer.
Gateway Fashion MallBismarck Wiki
Meadowlark HillBismarck Wiki
James (Jim) GlattBismarck Wiki
Jacobs Trading Company / World’s...Bismarck Wiki
1878-1883: Railroad Completes, Mandan...Bismarck Wiki
Cock ‘N Bull / Dakota BurgersBismarck Wiki
Pizza FactoryBismarck Wiki
Liberty Memorial BuildingBismarck Wiki