This building was built in 1979 to house a catalog showroom for national retailer LaBelle (later Best Products). “Best” closed its Bismarck store in 1997. Office Depot and Big Lots occupied the building soon after BEST’s closure (in 1998 and 2001, respectively).
Office Depot opened less than a year following Staples in Bismarck. Despite the added national competition, local office suppliers such as Woodmansees and Fireside continue to survive.
As of 2018, it is the only Big Lots store located in North Dakota, despite that a Fargo store existed prior to Bismarck.
Heartview Foundation / Former Capital...
The building located on the southeast corner of Broadway & 1st Street was built...
Herberger’s opened its Bismarck store on March 23, 1971. It was the company’s first mall-based...
Office Depot & Big Lots in 2009
This building was built in 1979 to house a catalog showroom for national retailer...
GALLERYBurleigh County Courthouse
The current Burleigh County Courthouse was built in 1931. It is also home to...
GALLERYBasin Electric Campus
Headquarters for Basin Electric Power Cooperative in Bismarck, North Dakota. Built in 1974.