The main entrance into Kirkwood Mall, located on the center’s north side.
Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul Wachter opened it in April 1971 with original anchors Woolworths, Montgomery Wards, and Herbergers. It underwent a major addition in 1980 with two new anchors, Target and JCPenney.
Learn more about Kirkwood Mall:
GALLERYHughes Education Center/Junior High...
Opened in 1958 as Hughes Junior High, today it is home to administrative offices...
Bismarck Civic Center
The Bismarck Civic Center was built in 1969 on land partially donated by the...
Kmart was Bismarck’s second modern-day discount department store when it opened in October 1971...
Provident Life Insurance Building
The Provident Building, located at the corner of 5th Street & Rosser Avenue, is...
Athena Square Building
Noted for housing long-time local business Spa D’Athena, which operated there from 2001-2017.