Featuring Scheels Sporting Goods (prior to expansion).
Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul Wachter opened it in April 1971 with original anchors Woolworths, Montgomery Wards, and Herbergers. It underwent a major addition in 1980 with two new anchors, Target and JCPenney.
Learn more about Kirkwood Mall:
Street Scene: Downtown Bismarck Near...
Downtown Bismarck, North Dakota near 4th Street & Broadway Avenue. KFYR-TV studios in background.
Magi-Touch/Carpet One Prior to Renovation
Located at Sweet & 8th near Kirkwood Mall. Magi-Touch recently underwent a major renovation,...
Completed in 1883, the Dakota Block is a historic building located on the northeast corner...
The Walrus Restaurant
Arrowhead Plaza after its 2011 renovation. The Walrus, pictured here, opened at the center...
Parkade Parking Ramp
Completed in 1970, the Parkade was Bismarck’s first municipal parking ramp. It also houses...