Shark’s Men’s Store was a regional clothing retailer which opened its Bismarck location in 1937. The store was located at 4th Street and Main Avenue.
Shark’s was founded in 1911 by Herman Shark in Devils Lake, N.D. Herman’s eldest son, Leo Shark, later established the Bismarck store as a separate enterprise. Shark’s also had a location in Minot.
Evan Shark, Leo’s son, operated his own independent menswear store as “Evan’s Menswear” for some time before merging with Shark’s to become “Shark’s and Evan’s Men’s Wear.” The Bismarck store was an original tenant when the Parkade opened in 1970, of which Evan was a principal partner in building. Evan sold the menswear store in 1977 to focus efforts as an investor and real estate broker, but the retail store continued until at least 1979.