Nils Lovin’s sons (Oscar-center and Carl to his right) stand in front of a Standard Oil they constructed.
The Lovins – Nils, Carl, and Oscar – were local contractors from the 1890s until at least the 1950.
Among the most noted buildings constructed by the Lovins were Saint Mary’s Church, the Wards Building, most regional Standard Oil stations, and many buildings at Fort Lincoln (now UTTC).
Bismarck Civic Center
The Bismarck Civic Center was built in 1969 on land partially donated by the...
House of Color
Located on East Broadway Avenue.
Street Scene: Downtown 5th Street
CenturyLink office building on the left, City/County Building on the right.
Taco John’s on State Street
The Taco John’s on State Street in Bismarck, North Dakota. Opened in 1989, this...
Main Avenue – July 2014 –...
Main Avenue in downtown Bismarck, July 2014. Featured are Humpback Sally’s, LUFT Bar, and...
Wilhelm Buick-Olds-Cadillac Building
Wilhelm’s opened its Bismarck dealership in 1986, and closed in 2007 as a result...