Interior of Kirkwood Mall near CVS/pharmacy.
Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul Wachter opened it in April 1971 with original anchors Woolworths, Montgomery Wards, and Herbergers. It underwent a major addition in 1980 with two new anchors, Target and JCPenney.
To learn more about Kirkwood Mall, click here:
Bismarck Motor Hotel
Built in the 1950s and located on East Main Avenue, the original Bismarck Motor...
Ace Hardware & Party America,...
Building built in 1990 to house Friendly True Value. After the True Value closed...
Located on 26th Street just north of Main Avenue in Bismarck. The heart-shaped sign...
Used Furniture Store on Memorial
Located on Memorial Highway, this building was recently torn down. It once housed Sioux Cycles.
Wells Fargo Building
The Wells Fargo Building (as Norwest Bank) was completed in 1976 on the site...
GALLERYBurleigh County Courthouse
The current Burleigh County Courthouse was built in 1931. It is also home to...