Thrifty White Drug on the main floor of the Parkade in Downtown Bismarck, North Dakota. White Drug started in Jamestown in 1884, and merged with Thrifty Drug of Brainerd, Minnesota in 1985. Company also operated White Mart at Gateway Mall from 1979-1986. This Bismarck is one of the last, if not the last in the chain to still bear the actual White Drug logo as opposed to Thrifty White’s logo.
The White House Cafeteria is also housed inside.
Completed in 1970, the Parkade was Bismarck’s first municipal parking ramp. It also houses several business, including Thrifty White Drugstore, Red Wing Shoes, and UND School of Medicine.
GALLERYCamp Hancock Historic Site
This building at Camp Hancock (originally Camp Greeley) is the oldest remaining building in...
Mason / Hughes Apartment Building
Built in 1922 by Edmond Hughes, and designed by his business partner Arthur Van...
Snow Covering Broadway Ave in Downtown...
Downtown Bismarck is covered in a blanket of snow after one of the more...
Pinehurst Square is a “power mall” located in northwest Bismarck with several big box...