Featuring CVS/pharmacy (former Osco Drug, now closed).
Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul Wachter opened it in April 1971 with original anchors Woolworths, Montgomery Wards, and Herbergers. It underwent a major addition in 1980 with two new anchors, Target and JCPenney.
Learn more about Kirkwood Mall:
Parkade Parking Ramp
Completed in 1970, the Parkade was the first municipal parking garage constructed in downtown...
Sinclair Service Station (closed)
Located at 2308 E Main Avenue, this former Sinclair station closed in 2002 after 44...
GALLERYBismarck High School
The current Bismarck High School building was completed in 1935. It’s seen several expansions...
Missouri River Sunset Scene
A beautiful sunset scene of the Missouri River in Bismarck, North Dakota. Smoke in...
Dairy Queen on Broadway Avenue
Bismarck’s first Dairy Queen, opened in 1949 on the edge of downtown. This Dairy...
HuHot Mongolian Grill and Tutti Frutti
Opened in 2011 on the site formerly home to KFC.