North Dakota’s oldest church, built in 1881. Later renamed Saint George’s Episcopal Church. First located at Avenue A & Mandan Street, then relocated to corner of 3rd Street & Rosser Avenue. Donated to Camp Hancock in 1965.
Camp Hancock (originally Camp Greeley) was established in 1872 as a military post and supply depot to ensure expansion of the Northern Pacific Railroad. It contains the oldest remaining building in Bismarck, along with the historic Bread of Life Church, which was completed in 1881; and a vintage 1909 Northern Pacific Railroad Locomotive that was donated to the site in 1955.
Camp Hancock also housed the U.S. Weather Bureau until 1940.
Carpet Garage is a regional chain, with locations across North Dakota, Montana, and Minnesota....
Kelly Inn / Minerva’s Restaurant
Opened in 1970 as the Town House Hotel, this hotel is now part of...
Street Scene: Downtown Bismarck Near...
Downtown Bismarck, North Dakota near 4th Street & Broadway Avenue. KFYR-TV studios in background.
Slumberland Furniture opened its Bismarck store sometime in the mid-1990s, providing the first true...
Located on Main Avenue in Downtown Bismarck, opened in 2014. The site formerly housed...
MacKenzie River Pizza Grill and Pub
Opened in 2012.