The Walrus is a local restaurant that was opened by Randal “Wally” Walz in 1995 at Arrowhead Shopping Plaza. The Walrus is primarily known as an Italian restaurant, however serves a wide-range of items including burgers and steaks. Walrus founder, Randal Walz, had come to Bismarck in 1992 as the manager of the city’s first Applebee’s.
The former head chef of the Walrus opened DiDonna’s Restaurant in 2004. In 2009, the Walrus underwent new ownership, purchased by an existing employee.
Arrowhead Shopping Plaza was Bismarck’s first shopping center, opened in November 1953. It remains a popular destination, boasting many long-time and original tenants.
Read more about Arrowhead Plaza here:
Space Aliens Grill & Bar
Space Aliens Grill & Bar in October 2014.
CVS/pharmacy at NIght
CVS/pharmacy relocated from Gateway Mall in February 2009. CVS had purchased Osco Drug in...
Saint Mary’s Church
The historic Saint Mary’s Church was completed in 1898. The church houses the oldest...
One Source Lighting Showroom / Former...
This building originally housed the International Harvester Company’s McCormick Store. One Source Lighting recently...