1872-1898: Bismarck is Born
Early History Prior to formal organization by the United States Government, the region including and surrounding what...
The Fire of 1898 was the most devastating fire seen in Bismarck, wiping out a large portion of the...
1899-1929: Dawn of a New Century
The Fire of 1898 had wiped out a large portion of Bismarck, including most of its downtown....
1930-1944: Great Depression And The War
The stock market crashed in October 1929, causing widespread economic chaos across the United States. To make...
1945-1959: Post-War Boom
Following World War II, Bismarck experienced significant growth and development. Its population nearly doubled from 1940 to...
1960-1969: Demands Of A Growing City
By 1960, the city had over 27,000 citizens, and its aging public facilities were becoming inadequate. Even...
1970-1979: Changing Retail Trend & The Decay of Downtown
The 1970s were a time of major change for Bismarck. The decade would see the most development...
1980-1999: Declining Growth
The 1980s opened with the recent completion of Gateway Mall and the expansion of the area’s largest...
2000-Present: Reinventing Bismarck
By the new millennium, Bismarck had grown to more than 55,000 citizens. The tough retail trend that...
2008-2009 Winter Season / Blizzard
The Winter Season of 2008-2009 was unquestionably one of the worst winter seasons ever recorded in Bismarck,...
40 Steak + Seafood (Formerly Caspar’s East 40 Food & Drink)
40 Steak + Seafood (formerly Caspar’s East 40; East 40 Chophouse & Tavern) is an upscale bar and...
A.W. Lucas Company
A.W. Lucas & Company, often shortened to A.W. Lucas or simply Lucas’s, was a local department store...
- Bismarck Wiki: Northern Pacific / Burlington Northern Santa Fe Train Depot
- Bismarck Wiki: Williquors (Gee)
- Bismarck Wiki: Sunrise Town Centre
- Bismarck Wiki: Hay Creek Shops
- Bismarck Wiki: Gizzmoz Pizzeria & Video
- Bismarck Wiki: Sergio’s Mexican Restaurant
- Bismarck Wiki: Reza Kamranian
- Bismarck Wiki: SuperSlide Amusement Park
- Bismarck Wiki: William O’hara
- Bismarck Wiki: Colonel C.B. Little
- Bismarck Wiki: Harley McDowell
- Bismarck Wiki: People’s Department Store