Wachter Warehouse is an historic building located at the northeast corner of 5th Street and Front Avenue.
The building was built in 1929 as a warehouse for the Wachter Dray & Transfer Company. It later served as a warehouse for Winston-Newell Company and, until 1957, for Supervalu.
In 1992, the former warehouse was converted into a muli-level shopping center called Time Square. The three-level mall was expected to house 14-16 tenants. When it opened in May 1993, it housed 5 tenants: A TCBY yogurt shop facing 5th Street, a women’s clothing store called Something Special, a lingerie store called Secret Moments, a hair salon called Difrentz Style, and children’s clothier Matty’s Kids.
Time Square folded by the end of the year, but some tenants remained for some time under new owners.
Today, the building houses Wagner Financial and Bismarck-Burleigh Public Health.
Bismarck Motor Hotel
Built in the 1950s and located on East Main Avenue, the original Bismarck Motor...
Taco John’s on State Street
The Taco John’s on State Street in Bismarck, North Dakota. Opened in 1989, this...
Kirkwood Bank & Trust Building...
Kirkwood Bank & Trust on the original site of Corwin Churchill Motors. The Corwin...
World War Memorial Recreation Center
Dedicated on January 9, 1931, the World War Memorial Building was a joint city-county...
Kmart was Bismarck’s second modern-day discount department store when it opened in October 1971...