The dealership originated as Capital Chevrolet in 1925 and became Davis Chevrolet in 1943. Tierney acquired controlling interest in the dealership from the Davis family in 1976 and renamed it, and full ownership in 1978. It moved to this location off Highway 83 and Calgary Avenue in 1979, from downtown.
In 1983, partners Joe Perry, owner of Perry-Eastgate Funeral Services, and Stan Puklich, a general manager of a Jamestown car dealership, acquired Leo Tierney’s ownership stake. At the time, the dealer carried the Chevrolet, AMC-Renault, and Bavarian Motor Works (BMW) lines.
Today, the dealership is operated by Stan’s daughter, Elyse.
Young Proven Pair of Blue and Gold Macaws
Young Proven Pair of Blue and Gold Macaws Young, DNAd proven pair of large...
Hansen’s Furniture Store (closed)
Closed in 2005, this was home to Hansen’s Furniture since 1959. It has sat...
World War Memorial Recreation Center
Dedicated on January 9, 1931, the World War Memorial Building was a joint city-county...
Kirkwood Mall Interior in 2009
Featuring Arby’s. Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul Wachter opened it...
The Walrus Restaurant
Arrowhead Plaza after its 2011 renovation. The Walrus, pictured here, opened at the center...
Soo Hotel Nameplate
Built in 1906 by Edward Patterson, the Soo Hotel remained in operation until the...