Opened in 1961, Simle Middle School is the oldest remaining middle school in Bismarck. Originally designated "Hillside Park Junior High", the school was renamed one year later after T.E. Simle, Bismarck superintendent from 1952-1963. Simle changed from the Junior High to the Middle School format in 1994. A south wing was added in 1991, with additional classrooms; along with new administrative offices, cafeteria, gym, and library. A major $3 million renovation project was completed in 2009 for the original part of the building. Simle and Hughes Junior High, which opened 3 years earlier, were both constructed to replace the 1912-built junior high building, which was immediately torn down after Simle's opening. Learn more about Bismarck schools here: http://www.bismancafe.com/blogs/?page_id=75
Opened in 1962, Simle Middle School is the oldest surviving middle school in Bismarck. Originally designated “Hillside Park Junior High”, the school was renamed in 1964 later after T.E. Simle, Bismarck superintendent from 1952-1963. Simle changed from the Junior High to the Middle School format in 1994. History The school was approved in October 1960 […][Read more about Simle Middle School]
MacKenzie River Pizza Grill and Pub
Opened in 2012.
Taco Johns on South 3rd Street
This Taco John’s restaurant was built in 2001 to replace a different Taco John’s...
Former A&W Rootbeer...
This building housed an A&W Drive-in Restaurant for many years before closing in the...
GALLERYCentral Market (now Dan's Supermarket)
Located on Turnpike Avenue in northwestern Bismarck. Built in 1988 as an Econofoods, which...
BNC National Bank
Located on the corner of Main Avenue & 4th Street. This was originally First...
Simle Middle School / Junior High
Opened in 1962, Simle Middle School is the oldest remaining middle school in Bismarck....