The northwest corner of 4th and Main, featuring Seeds of Hope Thrift Store. The historic Patterson Hotel is also visible.
The Patterson Hotel opened New Year’s Day, 1911. It was once the tallest building in North Dakota and the state’s unofficial political headquarters for decades.
The Seeds of Hope building formerly housed Universal Motors (later McCarney Ford). In 1964, it was converted to become a second J.C. Penney location (in addition to the NW corner of 5th & Broadway). The location emphasized auto service, appliances, and hardware merchandise.
Penney’s consolidated its two store into Kirkwood Mall in 1980 as part of the mall’s Phase II expansion.
Also pictured are Luft Bar and Discontent (since closed).
Ground Round Restaurant
The Ground Round opened its Bismarck location in 1985.
Office Building on Broadway
JCPenney relocated to this building at the northwest corner of 5th and Broadway Avenue...
Conlin’s Furniture relocated its Bismarck store from Gateway Fashion Mall into this warehouse building...
Dans Supermarket at Sunrise Town Centre
Opened in January 2015, this was the sixth Dan’s Supermarket location in Bismarck-Mandan. Dan’s...
Wagner Financial/Wachter Warehouse...
Wachter Warehouse is an historic building located at the northeast corner of 5th Street...
Gateway Fashion Mall Exterior
Opened in September 1979 with original anchors Sears, White Mart, and A.W. Lucas, Gateway...