Land O’ Lakes Office Building on Main Avenue. The building formerly housed a succession of restaurants, beginning with Country Kitchen from 1971-1979.
It then became Ron’s Family Restaurant until 1984, Weisbeck’s Family Restaurant until 1989, and Main Street Diner until 1990.
Dakota Farms replaced Main Street Diner’s Bismarck and Mandan restaurants in 1990. While its Mandan restaurant remains, the Bismarck one has since closed and is now Land O’ Lakes.
Next to the building sits the Land O Lakes pasteurization plant, which was built in 1939 for Yegen Dairy.
Dating back to when John Yegen opened a bakery and restaurant out of a tent in 1872 (the same year Bismarck was founded), Yegen entered the dairy business in 1919, becoming the region’s primary dairy producer. The company was purchased by Land O Lakes in 1966.
Dakota Stage Playhouse / Former Capitol...
Built in 1905 by Edward Patterson, this building housed Capitol Theater (later Cinema Theater)...
Interstate Office Building
This building, located on Interstate Avenue, recently became home to Hansen’s Menswear, amongst other...
GALLERYNational Energy Center of Excellence
Bismarck State College first opened in 1939, inside the high school – where it...
This building was constructed in 1997 to originally house an A&W and Long John...
Hillside Aquatic Complex
Hillside Park is a park located in northeastern Bismarck south of Boulevard Avenue, just...
Space Aliens Grill & Bar
Space Aliens Grill & Bar in October 2014.