Opened in 1958 as Hughes Junior High, today it is home to administrative offices for Bismarck Public Schools, along with South Central High School – an alternative high school.
Named for Edmond Hughes, a local entrepreneur known for founding Hughes Electric with his father, and for his real estate investments. He collaborated with local architect Arthur Van Horn in the construction of numerous historic buildings in Bismarck, including the Van Horn / Prince Hotel.
Learn more about Bismarck schools here: http://www.bismarckcafe.com/blogs/?page_id=75
Verizon Wireless on South 3rd
This building on South 3rd Street originally housed Hardee’s. Today, it houses Verizon Wireless.
Former Mr. Steak/Los Amigos/Jade Garden...
This building originally housed Mr. Steak before becoming Jade Garden in 1985. Jade Garden...
Scheels Sporting Goods Entrance, 2014
Scheels Sporting Goods relocated into the former Target space in 2006. Scheels was first...
Burger Time Restaurant At Night
Burger Time is a small regional chain of fast food restaurants located in North...
Capitol Lanes Plaza
Built in 1982 to primarily house Capitol Lanes, this building has housed offices for...