Opened in 1958 as Hughes Junior High, today it is home to administrative offices for Bismarck Public Schools, along with South Central High School – an alternative high school.
Named for Edmond Hughes, a local entrepreneur known for founding Hughes Electric with his father, and for his real estate investments. He collaborated with local architect Arthur Van Horn in the construction of numerous historic buildings in Bismarck, including the Van Horn / Prince Hotel.
Learn more about Bismarck schools here: http://www.bismarckcafe.com/blogs/?page_id=75
Street Scene: South 3rd Street Near...
Looking northeast at 3rd Street near Bowen Avenue.
Bismarck Motor Hotel
Built in the 1950s and located on East Main Avenue, the original Bismarck Motor...
GALLERYNational Energy Center of Excellence
Bismarck State College first opened in 1939, inside the high school – where it...
Saint Mary’s Church
The historic Saint Mary’s Church was completed in 1898. The church houses the oldest...
Target relocated its Kirkwood Mall location in 2006, replacing the former Marshall Field’s space....
Opened in 2013 after the 2012 closure of Burger King, which had operated in...