Built in 1906 by Edward Patterson, the Soo Hotel remained in operation until the late 1970s. Patterson later named the it “Princess Hotel” as a spoof on the Prince Hotel, owned by his chief rival Edmond Hughes. Hotel was again renamed Patterson Annex.
When it was originally built, it was the last building on the block. The Patterson Hotel, completed in 1910, was built flush against the building. A walkway was opened between the two hotels so patrons of the Soo Hotel could benefit from the amenities of the Patterson. For a short time, it was the tallest building in Bismarck.
Downtown Bismarck is a registered historic district that held strong importance to the initial growth and success of the Bismarck area. Bismarck’s downtown is roughly located between Washington Street & 7th Street; and Rosser Avenue and Main Avenue.
Learn more about Downtown Bismarck here:
Harvest Brazilian Grill
Located on Main Street in Mandan. The restaurant relocated from Linton in fall of...
Ross Dress For Less
The newest addition to Haycreek Shops is almost complete. There’s been no official confirmation on...
Budget Inn Express / Former Fleck House...
Budget Inn Express on the edge of downtown Bismarck, North Dakota in 2009. The...
Land O Lakes Offices
Land O’ Lakes Office Building on Main Avenue. The building formerly housed a succession...
Target relocated its Kirkwood Mall location in 2006, replacing the former Marshall Field’s space....