Menu
Share
×
× Close

Camp Hancock Historic Site

Image uploaded on January 3, 2010

This building at Camp Hancock (originally Camp Greeley) is the oldest remaining building in Bismarck, constructed in 1872 as a military post and supply depot to ensure expansion of the Northern Pacific Railroad.

Camp Hancock later housed the U.S. Weather Bureau until 1940.

Also located on the site is a vintage 1909 Northern Pacific Railroad Locomotive, donated to the site in 1955; and the historic Bread of Life Church, which was completed in 1881.

Back To: Camp Hancock Historic Site