Dan’s Supermarket is the region’s dominate grocer, with 4 total locations in Bismarck-Mandan. Founded when Roy Rockstad and Eugene Leary purchased the local Piggly Wiggly in 1949 and converted it to Bismarck Supervalu. The first “Dan’s” store (pictured above) opened at Arrowhead Plaza in November 1953.
Developed by local resident T. Clem Casey, Arrowhead Plaza was Bismarck’s first shopping center.
Read more about Arrowhead Plaza here:
Read more about Dan’s Supermarket here:
Free Kat Perkins Concert
North Dakota native Kat Perkins, one of the finalists in Season 6 of NBC’s The Voice,...
Scheels Sporting Goods Entrance, 2014
Scheels Sporting Goods relocated into the former Target space in 2006. Scheels was first...
Divide Avenue Offices
Office building on Divide Avenue, just north of the Capitol.
Located near Oasis Truck Stop in eastern Bismarck.
Verizon Wireless on South 3rd
This building on South 3rd Street originally housed Hardee’s. Today, it houses Verizon Wireless.
GALLERYHedahls Auto Parts Store
One of the buildings that houses Hedahls Auto Parts in Downtown Bismarck. Based in...