4th of July Celebration at North Dakota State Capitol on July 4, 2010. As usual, the windows of the capitol proudly support the holiday by spelling “4th”
Windows of the North Dakota Capitol are also known for sporting a Christmas Tree during the holiday season and the digits of the upcoming year for New Year’s.
The 19-story art deco North Dakota State Capitol was completed in 1934, replacing the original 1884-built capitol that was destroyed by fire on December 28, 1930. An additional wing housing the Judicial Branch was added in 1981.
Due to its distinction as the tallest building in North Dakota, the Capitol carries the nickname “Skyscraper on the prairie”.
Learn more about the North Dakota Capitol here:
Related Media Pages:
- Bismarck Pictures: North Dakota Capitol 4th of July Celebration
- Bismarck Pictures: North Dakota State Capitol
Gateway Fashion Mall Exterior:...
Conlin’s Furniture occupied this space in November 2004, filling a spot that had sat...
World War Memorial Recreation Center
Dedicated on January 9, 1931, the World War Memorial Building was a joint city-county...
Built in 1906 by Edward Patterson, the Soo Hotel remained in operation until the...
GALLERYPatterson Hotel/McKenzie Hotel
Opened New Year’s Day, 1911 as the McKenzie Hotel and officially renamed Patterson in...
McQuades Distributing Budweiser
McQuade Distributing is a regional distributor of Anheuser-Busch products, based in Bismarck. The company...