- Early Morning Commercial Structure FirePosted 20 days ago
- RCC Western Stores Becoming Boot BarnPosted 31 days ago
- Bismarck Park Board Approve Sertoma Park Bike RentalsPosted 33 days ago
- Dan’s Supermarket to Anchor New Mixed-Use DevelopmentPosted 35 days ago
- Bismarck Bests Single-Day Snowfall RecordPosted 38 days ago
Cash Wise Food & Drug
Cash Wise Foods is a regional grocery chain owned and operated by Saint Cloud, Minnesota-based Coborn’s. The Bismarck location opened on June 30, 1982 and recently completed a minor face-lift that also included the addition of the company’s Little Dukes Convenience Store and gas station concept.
The Bismarck store originally opened as Holiday Foods, which was the grocery division of Holiday Companies. Coborn’s later purchased the local store and rebranded it “Cash Wise.”
Coborn’s has its roots back to 1921, with the first Cash Wise opening in Willmar, Minnesota in 1979.
Cash Wise is noted for providing limited service in exchange for what they claim are the lowest prices in town. This makes Cash Wise the only grocer in the region not to offer bagging service – shoppers must instead take their purchased items to a bagging station located near the checkouts.
Cash Wise is also the only grocery store in Bismarck to still feature a video rental store, although it is no longer housed within the grocery store itself.