The Bismarck Civic Center was built in 1969 on land partially donated by the Wachter Family. It has seen several expansions since. With a seating capacity of just over 10,000, it is the third largest public venue in North Dakota, behind the Alerus Center (Grand Forks) and Fargo Dome. Bismarck-based Dakota Wizards basketball team is based here.
The Wachters were a prominent family that once owned most of the land south of the railroad in Bismarck. Their most lasting impact on the city was perhaps the development and construction of Kirkwood Mall in 1970 – which they continued to own until 1985. The Wachters have had two schools named in their honor.
Harvest Brazilian Grill
Located on Main Street in Mandan. The restaurant relocated from Linton in fall of...
American Bank Center Building
Headquarters for American Bank Center, completely remodeled in 2008. Building was constructed in 1963...
Becker Building/Terra Nomad
Formerly home to Discontent, this building underwent major renovation beginning in 2014. Terra Nomad, a concept...
This building was constructed in 1997 to originally house an A&W and Long John...
Hillside Park Pool Renovation Scene
Construction scene for a $3.5-million renovation of the pool at Hillside Park, which is...
Saint Mary’s Church
The historic Saint Mary’s Church was completed in 1898. The church houses the oldest...