Tom O’Leary (1882-1971) was a local golf professional and the namesake for Tom O’Leary Golf Course, which was renamed from Bismarck Municipal Golf Course in his honor in June 1969.
O’Leary was born December 18, 1882 in Bismarck. He was educated in Bismarck before moving to British Columbia and California. He returned to Bismarck, where he married Jennie Pederson on April 29, 1913.
He was the first golf pro at the Bismarck Country Club, assuming the position on April 30, 1913.