- Underpass completed at 9th Street and Northern Pacific Railroad
- Webb Brothers Department Store closes after 61 years in business (December)
- Major construction is completed on Main Avenue from Washington Street to 9th Street, and also on 6th Street between Rosser and Main Avenues – both streets in turn widened by 8 feet to allow parking on both sides. A new lighting system was also installed with 264 new lamp posts.
- Traffic signals installed at six intersections, including one at 4th Street & Broadway Avenue; intersections listed included those at 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th Streets at Main Avenue; and 4th & 6th Streets at Broadway Avenue. Another location considered was 6th & Avenue C, however this was never done.
- Roy Rockstad & Eugene Leary purchase local Piggly Wiggly and rename it Bismarck SuperValu
- Fleck’s Garage is constructed on corner of 3rd Street & Main Avenue (destroyed by fire in 1977)
- A.W. Lucas begins remodeling project, which adds nearly half an acre of additional space.
- KFYR completes a major remodel of its building
- Dairy Queen opens first Bismarck location, at 230 W Broadway Avenue. Second location to open was along State Street in 1961. Today, there are 4 Dairy Queens in Bismarck.
Fairview Cemetery / Angel of Hope...Bismarck Wiki
Cedric Theel Toyota-ScionBismarck Wiki
Edward G. PattersonBismarck Wiki
Peacock Alley Bar & GrillBismarck Wiki
Bismarck Event Center/Civic CenterBismarck Wiki
Flood of 1952Bismarck Wiki
Bismarck High SchoolBismarck Wiki
Gold Seal CompanyBismarck Wiki