- McKenzie Hotel (Patterson Hotel) opens on January 1
- New fire hall constructed on Thayer Avenue, building would also house city hall and police headquarters for several decades.
- First high school building is completed (replaced in 1935)
- Federal Building opens (replaced in 1964)
- Belle Mehus Auditorium opens (January)
- Van Horn Hotel opens, later renamed Prince Hotel
- The Yegen Family expands into the dairy business
- Bank of North Dakota is established in June. It occupies the former Missouri Valley Motors building at Main and 7th until 2008. It is the nation’s only state-owned bank.
- President Woodrow Wilson makes a Bismarck stop on October 10, speaking at the City Auditorium. He was campaigning for his vision of a League of Nations.
- Bismarck Tribune relocates from the northwest corner of 4th and Broadway to the Gussner Building in December, where it stays an entire month before destroyed by fire.