Camp Greene was a short-lived military and supply depot located at the mouth of the Little Heart River, approximately ten miles south of present-day Bismarck-Mandan. It was named for its commander, Lieutenant Greene.
When it was established in April 1872, it was intended to be a permanent depot supporting railroad development.
Camp Greene’s replacement was approved on April 16 by Special Order No. 65 of the Headquarters of the Department of Dakota in Saint Paul. The order appointed a board of directors, including Doctor Benjamin Slaughter, to select a site for the location of a new post within the immediate vicinity of the point where the railroad would cross the river.
Its was ultimately replaced by Fort McKeen (Fort Abraham Lincoln) in June 1872 and Camp Greeley (Camp Hancock) in August that year.