The Grant Marsh Bridge was completed in 1965 as part of the new Interstate 94. It was named for Captain Grant Marsh, the local steamboat captain who commanded the Far West.
Prior to the Grant Marsh, the Liberty Memorial Bridge (part of U.S. Hwy 10) was the region’s only vehicular bridge. Located about 2 miles north of old U.S. Highway 10, the opening of the interstate resulted in a major shift of all through traffic, greatly affecting downtown Bismarck.
Dedicated in 1928, Sertoma Park (also known as Riverside Park) is a municipal park located in southwest Bismarck on the banks of the Missouri River. Inside the park sits the Dakota Zoo and Superslide Amusement Park. Walking trails and picnic shelters are spread throughout the park.
Kirkwood Mall Interior in 2009
Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul Wachter opened it in April...
GALLERY40 Steak + Seafood
40 Steak + Seafood (formerly Caspar’s East 40; East 40 Chophouse & Tavern) is...
GALLERYMDU Corporate Headquarters Campus
The new headquarters of Montana Dakota Utilities and its affiliates was built in 2005...
Belle Mehus City Auditorium
The Belle Mehus City Auditorium opened in 1914. It assumed its current name in...
Missouri River Sunset Scene
A beautiful sunset scene of the Missouri River in Bismarck, North Dakota. Smoke in...