Thrifty White Drug on the main floor of the Parkade in Downtown Bismarck, North Dakota. White Drug started in Jamestown in 1884, and merged with Thrifty Drug of Brainerd, Minnesota in 1985. Company also operated White Mart at Gateway Mall from 1979-1986. This Bismarck is one of the last, if not the last in the chain to still bear the actual White Drug logo as opposed to Thrifty White’s logo.
The White House Cafeteria is also housed inside.
Completed in 1970, the Parkade was Bismarck’s first municipal parking ramp. It also houses several business, including Thrifty White Drugstore, Red Wing Shoes, and UND School of Medicine.
Main Avenue in Downtown Bismarck
Looking northeast from the corner of Main Avenue & 5th Street in Downtown Bismarck,...
Soo Hotel Nameplate
Built in 1906 by Edward Patterson, the Soo Hotel remained in operation until the...
Wilhelm Buick-Olds-Cadillac Building
Wilhelm’s opened its Bismarck dealership in 1986, and closed in 2007 as a result...
Broadway Avenue Near 3rd Street
Building in center housed Logan Grocery from its construction in 1917 until 1941. Apartments...
Athena Square Building
Noted for housing long-time local business Spa D’Athena, which operated there from 2001-2017.