This Taco John’s restaurant was built in 2001 to replace a different Taco John’s on the same site. The building was replaced mainly to add a drive-through window, which was prohibitive in the old building. The first Taco John’s restaurant on the site was pretty cool because it had outdoor seating with sombrero-shaped umbrellas. It is one of 5 Taco John’s locations in Bismarck-Mandan.
The site was formerly home to Arthur Treacher’s Fish and Chips, which was once a national chain consisting of roughly 800 locations. It was the state’s second Arthur Treacher’s restaurant, opened in 1977. It then became the Copper Penny, a local restaurant, from 1981 until 1983, when Taco John’s occupied the building.
Located in downtown Bismarck, the towering Radisson Hotel originally opened as the Sheraton Galleria...
GALLERYBismarck High School
The current Bismarck High School building was completed in 1935. It’s seen several expansions...
Comfort Inn opened its Bismarck location in 1982. Comfort Suites was built adjacent to...
Rosser Avenue Near 3rd Street
Seen here are the William Guy Federal Building and the former MDU Headquarters.
GALLERYArrowhead Dan’s Supermarket
Dan’s Supermarket is a chain of grocery stores in Bismarck-Mandan that was founded in...