This Taco John’s restaurant was built in 2001 to replace a different Taco John’s on the same site. The building was replaced mainly to add a drive-through window, which was prohibitive in the old building. The first Taco John’s restaurant on the site was pretty cool because it had outdoor seating with sombrero-shaped umbrellas. It is one of 5 Taco John’s locations in Bismarck-Mandan.
The site was formerly home to Arthur Treacher’s Fish and Chips, which was once a national chain consisting of roughly 800 locations. It was the state’s second Arthur Treacher’s restaurant, opened in 1977. It then became the Copper Penny, a local restaurant, from 1981 until 1983, when Taco John’s occupied the building.
GALLERYPatterson Hotel/McKenzie Hotel
Opened New Year’s Day, 1911 as the McKenzie Hotel and officially renamed Patterson in...
Carinos Italian Grill
Located near Pinehurst Square Shopping Center in Bismarck, North Dakota. Opened in December 2006.
Built in 1906 by Edward Patterson, the Soo Hotel remained in operation until the...
Sears at Gateway Fashion Mall
Sears is the only remaining original anchor tenant still located at Gateway Mall. Opened...
Opened in 2013 after the 2012 closure of Burger King, which had operated in...