Opened in 1961, Simle Middle School is the oldest remaining middle school in Bismarck. Originally designated “Hillside Park Junior High”, the school was renamed one year later after T.E. Simle, Bismarck superintendent from 1952-1963. Simle changed from the Junior High to the Middle School format in 1994.
A south wing was added in 1991, with additional classrooms; along with new administrative offices, cafeteria, gym, and library. A major $3 million renovation project was completed in 2009 for the original part of the building.
Simle and Hughes Junior High, which opened 3 years earlier, were both constructed to replace the 1912-built junior high building, which was immediately torn down after Simle’s opening.
Learn more about Bismarck schools here: http://www.bismancafe.com/blogs/?page_id=75
Located in downtown Bismarck, the towering Radisson Hotel originally opened as the Sheraton Galleria...
Kirkwood Mall Interior in 2009
Featuring Scheels Sporting Goods (prior to expansion). Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape...
Athena Square Building
Noted for housing long-time local business Spa D’Athena, which operated there from 2001-2017.
Mark V Studio Apartments, Formerly...
Built in 1955 as the City Motel, today these buildings are Mark V Studio...
Oasis Truck Stop/Stamart Travel Center
Originated in March 1993 as the Prairie Oasis Truck Stop (owned by Stamart). It is...